Nothing means summer more than fresh strawberries. So we will stay on our Mexican theme again today. Our hives are next to strawberry fields and once again the pollination by the bees have helped make this year another bumper crop. This recipe is a summer favourite so try it accompanied with a chilled glass of Pinot Gris and some good company.
Strawberry Salsa with Cinnamon Tortillas
- 2 cups of chopped strawberries
- 1 tablespoon of freshly chopped mint
- 1/2 teaspoon of grated lime rind
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice
- 1.5 teaspoons of honey
Combine, cover and chill one hour
- 4 flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon of Cinnamon
- Brush one side of tortillas with melted butter.
- Sprinkle sugar and cinnamon over one side.
- Bake on a tray, in warmed oven at 325 F for 12 minutes +/-
- Cut into quarters and serve with salsa.
Note: You might want to make a double batch, its doesn’t stay around long!